Upcoming A.B.C Courses and Events!
- About: A.B.C is pleased to offer a Level One Beekeeping Certificate for hobbiest beekeepers in an urban and rural setting. The 16 hour intensive program will offer everything you need to know to begin beekeeping. The course is taught by Eliese Watson, founder of A.B.C. Travelling all-over North America teaching and mentoring under beekeepers such as Corwin Bell, Sam Comfort, and Kirk Anderson, Eliese has a wide knowldge of natural beekeeping practices with both TBH and langstroth equipment. Course includes lunch, snacks, textbook and resources.
- Date: April 5th and 6th, 2014
- Time: 9:00am- 5:00pm each day
- Location: Killarney/Glengarry Community Hall
- Full Description: The Level One Beekeeping course covers all of the areas necessary to prepare you as a beekeeper. As a 16 hour intensive course, A.B.C covers the following topics: Honeybee Biology, Beginners Basics, Honey and Nectar Flow, Seasonal Management Practices for Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall (including swarms, splits, basic queen rearing concepts, honey harvesting), Honeybee Health, and IPM Techniques. As a student of this course work, you will leave with the knowledge that will guide you for the coming beekeeping season. The course uses the “Beekeeping in Western Canada” textbook and with a custom A.B.C workbook companion and resources. This allows for you to easily review the material learned throughout the course and return to it when needed.
- Odds and Sods: Please your own note book pen, water bottle and coffee mug! Everything else will be provided for.
- Unit Price: $0.00
Page 1 of 1